Bonjour ♥


Hi, my name's Evonne (:
Here's a little something about me:
I have frequent nightmares since young & they've turned into almost beautiful dreams now.
I am too obsessed with fictional characters to fall in love with anybody else.
I love Darren Criss & Chris Colfer.
The Hunger Games makes me cry in a good way.
Yes, I love The Hunger Games trilogy.
I'm really bad at introducing myself so i'll just stop with this:
MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR.


Tagboard ♥



Exits ♥

Tumblr
Odessa
Thinzar
Credits ♥

Template and skins : NurIzzati
Background and Photo : We♥it


Sunday, July 22, 2012 | 1:03 AM | 0 hearts♥


image

rewatched this again ^^

I first watched it some time last year when i stumbled upon its trailer on youtube. I decided to watch it again when one of my old english teacher said she might allow me to use this movie for lessons aka exploring the depths and unraveling the hidden words behind this classic dystopian story.

This story was an alternate reality in which diseases are eliminated and life is elongated, but at the cost of the lives of many humans. But it is justified by the masses, as the humans are clones, so it is not a tragedy for them to have to donate their organs until they die, if they can save the normal humans. It is the story of friendship, betrayal, jealousy, love, loss and acceptance of three main characters: Kathy, Ruth, and Tommy, three of such clones trying to live and love in the last years of their short lives.

I grew up on dystopian fiction. Futuristic worlds in which everything is perfect, but truly nothing is perfect. Matched, Uglies, and The Hunger Games were a few of these dystopias. But what struck me in this movie is that never did any of the characters try to resist their horrible reality. It seems in all the dystopian fiction I read, the realization of the truth lead the main characters to rise up against their horrible reality and try to make it better. But Kathy, Ruth, and Tommy did no such thing. They simply accepted this awful hand they had been dealt and tried to find small happiness in their horrible reality.

"I come here and imagine that this is the spot where everything I've lost since my childhood is washed out. I tell myself, if that were true, and I waited long enough then a tiny figure would appear on the horizon across the field and gradually get larger until I'd see it was Tommy. He'd wave. And maybe call. I don't know if the fantasy go beyond that, I can't let it. I remind myself I was lucky to have had any time with him at all. What I'm not sure about, is if our lives have been so different from the lives of the people we save. We all complete. Maybe none of us really understand what we've lived through, or feel we've had enough time."




/